Lomax Junior High

Skip to main content

News and Announcements

School is back in session on Tuesday

Based on Monday's reports concerning the fire at the site on Independence Parkway, La Porte ISD plans to hold school, as usual, Tuesday, March 19, with regular start times and transportation routines. As you know, the safety of students and staff is our top priority, and we have continued to work closely with emergency management officials to monitor the situation. As of this morning, the shelter-in-place for the City of Deer Park was lifted, and Highway 225 was re-opened. Wind information and air quality readings were also stable throughout the day. Again, we are grateful to the first responders and other individuals who are working to ensure the safety of our community. We look forward to seeing you Tuesday. Please click on the headline to learn more about the Air Quality Index and how it is measured.
Read More »

Education commissioner announces STAAR End of Course (EOC) substitute assessment standards

If your child has taken the SAT/PSAT, ACT, AP or TSI exams and has a verifiable substitute assessment score, they may request that it be used in lieu of taking the appropriate EOC subject test. To substitute the qualifying assessment, students must make the request in writing to the campus counselor or testing coordinator no later than the week before each applicable EOC test window. Please click the headline for more information about the qualifying standards and scores.
Download File

Spell Lobo: Lomax Jr. High student wins 2019 spelling bee

Lomax Junior High School seventh grader Amy Du is the winner of this year’s La Porte ISD Spelling Bee, held on Feb. 21 at the LPISD Administration Building. Samuel Quinones, Heritage Elementary School fifth grader, was the runner-up, and Joseph Sommer, eighth grader at La Porte Junior High School, was the second runner-up. (more...)
Read More »

Decay in science room fixture causes non-toxic odor

Decay in an old acid dilution tank (under a classroom sink) produced a foul odor in a science lab Thursday morning, and led to a few students getting upset stomachs. The odor, which was non-toxic, was confined to a classroom wing and, while students were not required to evacuate the building, they were relocated so that the air could be cleared of the smell. The district’s maintenance department resolved the issue.
Read More »
RSS Feed